Saturday, October 16, 2010

Peculiar People

Over the last couple of months I've been thinking about how I can become more peculiar.  My saying that has probably convinced most of you that I have arrived at my desired destination.  Stick with me though.  Peculiar is not a word that you hear often, but it's a great word that means to be uncommon, unusual or distinctive in nature or character from others.  That last one really resonated with me.  Distinctive in nature or character from others.  I don't want to be weird for the sake of being weird, but rather to live a life that looks different than the norm.  Dave Ramsey always says, "Normal is broke." and I think that applies to every aspect of life.  I don't want to be "normal" in any aspect of my life.  How do I get there?
 
Seven times in the King James version of the Bible God calls his people "a peculiar people".  1 Peter 2:9 says, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." My goal is to become more and more peculiar as I learn what it means to follow Jesus.  If that's what God calls us, I want to become more and more like that.  The goal of this blog is to get others' insights and experiences about what becoming a peculiar people looks like.  I would greatly appreciate any insights you have on your journey towards peculiarity.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment