Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Mercies

As I look at my previous entry I realize that it has been nearly a year since I last posted.  My natural tendency is to say "forget it" and just scrap this thing.  Not this time.  I will persevere.  My problem is that I won't write unless I've got some amazing revelation and an hour to spend fleshing it out.  My goal in the new year is to weekly share what God is showing me.  He shows me things ALL THE TIME and in the hurry of life I move on from one thing to another forgetting the previous thing.  I will choose not to dwell on what I didn't do, but on what I will do from now on.

That's what I love about a new year.  A blank slate to work with, a fresh year in which to create.  Since we were created in God's image he has made us to be creators.  He has asked us to create moments, relationships, art, music, cookies, stories for our enjoyment and His glory.  I have set some goals for the new year of things that I want to create this year.


-Complete a triathlon
-Memorize the book of James
-Read 20 books
-Go out on a date with my wife once a month
-Do a date night in with my wife weekly
-Finish paying off my student loans


And my newest goal is to blog weekly.  God is constantly showing me things and the only way that I learn from those experiences is to remember and reflect on those things. 


     "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night."  Psalm 1:1-2

2 comments:

  1. I meant I was going to blog every quarter. April's right around the corner so get ready.

    ReplyDelete